Laser Scanning Services
Laser scanning is a relatively new technology which is fast becoming the method of choice for surveying and measuring buildings in particular, but is now being used increasingly for other survey tasks. Laser scanning has a number of benefits over traditional methods of survey especially for the site work.
CGD Ltd has adopted Laser scanning technology in order to provide clients with the best possible level of accuracy, service and quality of information.
Our Laser Services include:
- Creation of Autodesk Revit models
- 3D Animations & Visualisations
- Floor Plans
- 3D BIM models
- 3D Point Clouds
- 2D/3D AutoCAD
- 2D/3D Microstation
Benefits of Laser scanning over traditional methods:
- Speed of ‘on-site’ data collection
- Quality and quantity of data collected
- Reduced need to re-visit site to take extra measurements
- Data collected enables surveyors to create a complete virtual model of the survey area. This means that if the client would like extra information, such as a new cross section through the survey, not specified in the original survey it is highly likely that the data has already been captured.
- Quality of detail for creating elevations
- Helps in the creation of accurate 3D BIM models
- Site equipment can be remotely operated for safety of site staff
You may also be interested in Scene Webshare which provides a virtual view of your site at your desk. Click here to find out more.