Building Information Modelling
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a process that allows building professionals of various disciplines to generate and manage the digital representation of the building data throughout its life-cycle. More often than not it involves working on a 3D digital model.
Our highly experienced surveyors at CGD Ltd can carry out a detailed 3D survey using a 3D laser scanner which is ideal for quickly capturing large sites and buildings with a high level of detail.
Our BIM team accurately creates the 3D model from the scan data using BIM software such as Revit no matter the level of detail required.
Our BIM Services include:
- 3D Building Surveys
- Laser Scan Surveys
- Measured Buiding Surveys
- 3D Topographic Surveys
- GPS Surveys
- Conversion of 2D information to 3D
- Drainage details in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- AutoDesk Revit
3D Laser Scan to BIM & Revit Model
3D scan to BIM is using 3D Laser Scan Survey to develop accurate and detailed Building Information Models (BIM) in various formats. This type of deliverable will become the norm in the future and can be delivered to you now by CGD Ltd.
Having a 3D survey model for your project is helpful in many ways:
- The 3D model created from the laser scan data can be used as the primary BIM model for architects and engineers throughout the project life cycle. Architects can continue the design with the model provided by us therefore reducing the time spent on developing model from 2D CAD.
- With the 3D model, the complexity of the building will be fully understood reducing site visits and queries throughout the design process.
- With the 3D model, the project can be visualised from different sides and angles, speeding up the design process and decision making hence saving time and cost.
- The model can be rendered and animated for marketing purposes such as promotional campaigns.
You may also be interested in Scene Webshare which provides a virtual view of your site at your desk. Click here to find out more.